Sunday, April 21, 2013

Chapter 3 - Blog Assignment

Use Google Reader to subscribe to several feeds for sites that you frequently visit. Write a blog post about your experience after using a feed reader every day for a week. What are at least two benefits and drawbacks of using a feed reader?


I have about 5 blogs that I read on a daily basis and, until this class, COMPLETELY forgot that I had set up a few on Google Reader, so this was a good refresher. I like the fact that everything is in one place and, if the blog's content isn't particularly interesting, I can just skip it or mark it as read (so helpful to do that!). I also found an old blog I had completely forgot that I was following, so it was nice to catch up with that family.

Some drawbacks to using a feed reader, for me, is that it interferes with real life! Sometimes the modern advantages found on the web make it too easy to get stuck on the web for too long. Yes, the feed reader makes things easier to browse, but that only frees time up for more browsing! I've already had this set aside time, about TWO HOURS for web surfing at night, so I find myself trying to fill that time with more and more blogs and... my wrists are sore and I really just need to close the lid of my laptop sometimes and enjoy the outside world!

No comments:

Post a Comment