Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Flickr's Creative Commons licensing


Personally, I don't think Flickr does enough to promote their Creative Commons licensing. I base this opinion off the fact that I really didn't know about it! I tend to think of myself as pretty up-to-date with internet/tech stuff, I'm no expert by any means, but this is something I thought I would have heard of before.

I think people change their settings to allow their photos to be shared for lots of different reasons. Many people are probably proud of their work and want to show it off. Some may want to contribute to the online community as well.

I would share my own photos to an extent. Personal photos of myself and my daughter will probably be kept private, while artsy or other types of photos I wouldn't mind making available to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment